How To Write Excellent Blog Content – What We Wish We Knew

How To Write Excellent Blog Content – What We Wish We Knew

The article "How to Write Great Blog Content - What We Want to Know" first appeared on ProBlogger.

How to write great blog content: what we want to know

Image created in Canva

This post is part of the "What I Wish I Knew When I Started Blogging" series. Below, I share reader comments on “Writing Great Blog Content” and some of my own thoughts.

One of the most important aspects of a successful blog is the ability to create content that draws people to your blog. I've written so many posts on this topic and I know that "great blog content" means something different to every blog, so I'm not going to pretend that what I'm writing in this post is a guide to writing great blog content. .

However, I can tell you five things I wish I knew about writing content in the early days of blogging (with some links to read later).

5 things I wish I knew before writing blog content

  1. The power of titles . A headline can make or break a blog post. This affects how (and) it's found on search engines and social bookmarking sites, whether people visit your blog in the newsreader, whether people comment, and it's important that people actually read what you have to say. Learn more about using blog titles effectively.
  2. The Viral Nature of Lists : A well-written list post can propel a blog further up the blogosphere. While the abundance of listings in the blogosphere can also cause your listings to get overlooked, I've found that when you write the same essay content, such as an article, the listing will almost always get more attention. . Learn more about why lists are great for driving traffic to your blog.
  3. The Importance of Originality . Perhaps the best lesson I learned as a blogger was that people are attracted to others who have their say, have something unique to say, and say it creatively and freshly. Say what everyone says, like everyone says, and you're pretty sure you're older or younger. Learn how not to walk into an echo chamber and say something original.
  4. The Value of Well-Designed Content People don't read content on the Internet the same way they read content in other media. Internet readers tend to scan for content. As a result, if you include visual cues that draw attention to important points in your posts, you'll find that people stay with you longer in your posts. Learn more about displaying your content
  5. Good image impact . Another easy way to create extra attraction in your posts is to provide visual flair. I don't use images in all posts on this blog, but when I do I see an increase in post clicks in my browser. Pictures can communicate in a way words can't: use them. Learn more about using images to highlight posts in RSS feeds.

Additional resources for writing great blog content

  • 6 months of blog post ideas (180 blog post ideas) - available in ProBlogger's free member library (register/login to access)
  • FREE CONTENT FOR 7 DAYS Sprint . In this mini-course, I'll show you how to create an outline for your blog and 6 new content items in 7 days with video tutorials.
  • Content Sprint Series - 3 mini-courses to help you create a plan for your blog and 6 new and different content in 7 days (18 articles in 21 days).
  • The Content Creation Course is the first of four columns on my blog. By the end of this course, you'll understand: Who are you creating content for? your unique "voice"; how to generate ideas, create and (important) integrate content; and how to follow this process so that you have a long-term successful blog.

Reader feedback on how to write great blog content

There are many more lessons I could share, but I trust my readers to have a deeper understanding. Here are some of their comments on the topic of content writing and what they wish they knew in the early days of blogging:

D writes, "Even before writing the first post, he understood the true importance of headlines."

Crazykinux writes: “Great content attracts visitors. Mail, mail, mail! .. Having enough quality content takes time; We are talking about months, not days.

NetBusinessBlogger writes: “Post original content! I started blogging to make money. I created about 30 blogs (I don't hesitate to call them spam blogs)…. At some point you begin to understand that this way of earning is not for life, because traffic never grows. Once a visitor knows that the content has been plagiarized, they will never come back! Today I am happy that I got rid of all these spam blogs and now I am working on only 2-3 blogs which have original content written by me. It's great to see your blog grow!"

Deb writes, "There's room for 'my style' in regular blogging practice."

The SEO Expert Blog writes, "I wish it were much better to write 1 or 2 high quality posts a week than 1 or 2 average quality posts a day."

Arjun writes, “I think the most important thing I've learned over time is that I need to write content that has value. I know it sounds obvious and stupid but in the beginning I wrote very long articles that meant more to me than anyone else.

Alam writes, "Effective use of draft and future publication."

Lisa writes: "Posts are short!"

Tara writes, "I wish you knew that I blog from the bottom of my heart."

In The Principles of Marketing, he writes: "The ability to better achieve goals is the one thing I would like to learn the first time."

Bret writes, “Now I'd rather focus on creating content on a regular and predictable basis. I had a week here and there where I didn't have time to post. I could fill those spaces below with something ready for action. I think the drought has had a negative effect on the slowly growing readership. I highly recommend any new blogger to clean up posts ready to fill the drought and just focus on establishing a good content creation routine. Once that's done, start focusing on other aspects of your blog."

Margie writes, "Just because someone else wrote about it doesn't mean you shouldn't write about it, because your post may be offering information or ideas the reader hasn't encountered before." and "I'd like to know that creating a blog post can be a reminder of appeal, sometimes you have to dig deeper. Start with an idea or link and explore and expand as you find more information, edit previous posts, etc. Just scrolling is more productive than staring in horror at a blank screen! And when you're done, after a series of sketches, you usually end up with something decent."

Danielle writes: “ Read the blogs . The first month I wrote posts without reading a single blog. Once I started reading blogs, I learned the importance of text layout and formatting from my experience reading… Less is more . The short and clear text captures a large audience. Too much luxury in blog design detracts from the content. Category tags should be kept to a minimum so that the blog "feel" is more focused, especially for personal blogs... Memes increase audience . Weekly memes like Wordless Wednesday, Thirteenth Thursday and Manic Monday can be deliberately used in your niche and attract more readers to your blog. Through the use of memes, I have gained quite a few "regular" readers.

Avatar 2 : la voie de l'eau film complet

Avatar 2 : la voie de l'eau film complet

Avatar 2 : la voie de l'eau film complet

Avatar 2 : la voie de l'eau film complet

Avatar 2 : la voie de l'eau film complet

Avatar 2 : la voie de l'eau film complet

avatar el camino del agua pelicula completa

avatar el camino del agua pelicula completa

avatar el camino del agua pelicula completa

avatar el camino del agua pelicula completa

avatar el camino del agua pelicula completa

avatar el camino del agua pelicula completa

Avatar 2: The Way of Water Ganzer film

Avatar 2: The Way of Water Ganzer film

Avatar 2: The Way of Water Ganzer film

Avatar 2: The Way of Water Ganzer film

Avatar 2: The Way of Water Ganzer film

Avatar 2: The Way of Water Ganzer film

Assistir Filme completo Avatar: O Caminho da Água (2023) O Regresso

Assistir Filme completo Avatar: O Caminho da Água (2023) O Regresso

Assistir Filme completo Avatar: O Caminho da Água (2023) O Regresso

อวตาร: วิถีแห่งสายน้ำ หนังเต็ม

อวตาร: วิถีแห่งสายน้ำ หนังเต็ม

อวตาร: วิถีแห่งสายน้ำ หนังเต็ม

毒舌大狀 完整版

毒舌大狀 完整版

毒舌大狀 完整版

毒舌大狀 完整版

毒舌大狀 完整版

毒舌大狀 完整版

毒舌大狀 完整版

[VOIR] M3GAN (2022) Français Gratuit

[VOIR] M3GAN (2022) Français Gratuit

[VOIR] M3GAN (2022) Français Gratuit

Assistir Filme completo MEgan (2023) O Regresso

Assistir Filme completo MEgan (2023) O Regresso

Assistir Filme completo MEgan (2023) O Regresso

满江红完整版

满江红完整版

满江红完整版

Tanya writes: “I wish I knew it took so long. It's different when you're in school - you have that time, but with a full-time job and two blogs I have to write every day - I always get tired.

BenQ writes, “Never worry about what your friends and family think! I wish I knew from the start that she's not afraid to blog about certain topics."

What do you wish you knew about writing great blog content when you started blogging?

The article "How to Write Great Blog Content - What We Want to Know" first appeared on ProBlogger.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post