Finding Readers For Your Blog – What We Wish We Knew

Finding Readers for Your Blog – What We Wish We Knew

The post Find Readers for Your Blog - What We Want to Know appeared first on Problogger.

Find readers for your blog: what we want to know

Image created in Kava

This post is part of the What We Wish We Knew series. In this article, I will share some of my experience and tips on how to attract readers to your blog.

We've talked about setting up your blog properly (hosting, domains and platforms), monetizing your blog, and writing great content, but while these are all important things to consider, they're worthless if your readers do them. don't stop Take it with your content.

So it's no surprise that the most asked question is "How to get readers for my blog"?

As with all topics in this series, gaining readers varies greatly from blog to blog. But if I had to pick the top 5 things I've learned about this topic over the past 5 years, I'd sum it up like this:

1. Find out who you want to attract

When I was young and single, a wise friend gave me some good advice about finding a life partner. He said, "Darren, make a list of what you want in a partner." You'll also be more likely to know where to look. Read more about identifying and following the type of reader you want.

While I'm not sure my friend would take his advice on a post about attracting readers to your blog, I think there is some truth to it. I wish I had spent more time thinking about my reader (or potential reader) in the early days of blogging.

2. Community building

While I've always said that good content is important in driving readers to your blog, I believe that one way to build your audience is to create places where people want to.

Schaffen Sie Räume, in denen Leute ihre Comment gegengen können, Geben Sie Lesern Jobs, Geben Sie ihnen Hausaufgaben, machen Sie Ihre Lesser beliebt und Geben Sie etwas zurück, und bauen Sie einen Sie interactiven Raum aufähi skills in the blog. . A place where people want to be a part of and where readers can promote you.

3. Think outside the box

I will make a very obvious point: please forgive me. The readers you expected to find your blog are not coming to your blog. what

Let me explain in a short story. Yesterday I spoke to B5media bloggers and they told me how much time they spent building a great blog and how frustrated they were that their readership wasn't really growing. My first question: "How much time do you spend on your blog each day?" Your answer confirms that you take blogging seriously - you spend hours every day.

My second question is, "How much time do you actually spend working on your blog and how much do you invest in it?" The answer was enlightening to both the blogger and me. They spend 90-95% of their time writing content, responding to comments and editing blogs, and 5-10% of their free time interacting with other people's blogs and websites.

While all the activities a blogger does on their blog are important, most of their efforts go into internal activities and promoting their existing readership. The blogger is not as responsible as the readers might be. I would suggest that next week they post a little slower and spend more time on other sites (blogs, forums and other social sites on their blog) and see what happens.

4. Use tsunami traffic

If I regret finding new readers in this area, I wish I had known sooner how to harness the power of the waves of traffic that occasionally come to my blog.

Even in the first few weeks of blogging, I had a few small traffic spikes as other blogs linked and search engines started finding my content. But after two years of starting my blog, I realized that I was over the moon celebrating traffic spikes, and that I was missing out on opportunities every time they happened.

The problem is that every time there is a new "surge" I see my traffic levels go back to "normal" the next day. A few new readers may remain, but I have nothing to do with them.

It wasn't long before I started experimenting with harnessing the power of inbound traffic and building reader loyalty (or blog persistence).

Now, when I see an increase in traffic to one of my blogs, my first reaction is not to jump around the room thinking how good I am, but to come up with a strategy to keep some of those new readers coming back. in the morning. Learn more about navigating traffic tsunamis.

断网 完整版

断网 完整版

断网 完整版

深海 完整版

深海 完整版

深海 完整版

交换人生 完整版

交换人生 完整版

交换人生 完整版

满江红 完整版

满江红 完整版

满江红 完整版

无名 完整版

无名 完整版

无名 完整版

流水落花 完整版

流水落花 完整版

流水落花 完整版

中国乒乓之绝地反击 完整版

中国乒乓之绝地反击 完整版

中国乒乓之绝地反击 完整版

保你平安 完整版

保你平安 完整版

保你平安 完整版

回廊亭 完整版

回廊亭 完整版

回廊亭 完整版

流浪地球2 完整版

流浪地球2 完整版

流浪地球2 完整版

荒原 完整版

荒原 完整版

荒原 完整版

風再起時 完整版

風再起時 完整版

風再起時 完整版

阿凡達:水之道 完整版

阿凡達:水之道 完整版

阿凡達:水之道 完整版

Wann wird es endlich wieder so, wie es nie war ganzer Film

Sonne und Beton ganzer Film

Tár ganzer Film

Creed III ganzer Film

Die drei ??? - Erbe des Drachen ganzer Film

Ein Mann Namens Otto ganzer Film

Avatar 2: The Way of Water ganzer Film

Magic Mike's Last Dance ganzer Film

Everything Everywhere All at Once ganzer Film

Die Fabelmans ganzer Film

Mumien - Ein total verwickeltes Abenteuer ganzer Film

5. Learn some basic search engine optimization

I learned SEO a little backwards. The search engines found me and started sending huge amounts of traffic to my blogs, so I decided to find out why I should help them send more traffic.

I learned early on that the best way to build SE traffic is the same way you build other types of traffic, by writing great content that people will find useful and engage with. This should be at the heart of your SEO strategies: create a great blog.

However, there are other techniques that can help you increase your search engine traffic. I won't answer them all here, as I've written a search engine optimization guide for bloggers in the past, which I think sums it up pretty well.

One thing I would like to reiterate here is that SEO is important, but there is nothing to worry about. Know the principles and keep them in mind when setting up and running your blog, but don't let SEO be your only strategy for driving traffic. Take a holistic approach and you'll build a more sustainable form of traffic (and other strategies will also help your SEO).

Remember - SEO Strategy #1 1 - Create a great blog.

How to research reader feedback and engage with readers

Enough to attract readers and promote your blog - When you asked your readers what they wanted to know when they started blogging, what did they put in the title?

Andrzej Ruska wrote: "I would like you to know that it is important to talk to all visitors who leave comments. By talking to them, you show that you care about them and encourage them to give feedback.

Crazykinux writes, "Connect with bloggers in your niche, they are the best source of new traffic to start with."

Whether it's blogs, other forums, or other online communities, I've found the most loyal readers through these outlets, but it was slow at first because I wasn't connected enough.

In The Guardian, the father wrote: "I thought, 'If I blog, they will come!'" "This is far from the truth.

Patsy wrote: "I would like to know the importance of commenting on blogs. In my learning process, I have visited many blogs and recently started commenting.

What do you wish you knew about gaining readers for your blog when you first started blogging?

The post Find Readers for Your Blog - What We Want to Know appeared on Problogger.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post